NextUp Student Pitch Competition
Finalists Announced in “NextUp” Statewide Student Pitch Competition to be held April 13
The Mississippi Entrepreneurship Forum (MEF) announces the 10 student finalists for the inaugural NextUp Statewide Student Pitch Competition on April 13, 2021, to kick off their 6th annual forum designed to bring together the innovation community and discuss resources and strategies for Mississippi entrepreneurs.
NextUp is a pitch competition among college students, designed to showcase and provide feedback to student-led startups. Selected participants are paired with a mentor to prepare for the competition. The winner will receive cash prizes to help them grow their businesses.
Due to this year’s virtual format, 10 Student entrepreneurs from various Mississippi colleges, universities, and community colleges have been selected as finalists to participate in a rapid-fire contest, pitching their pioneering business ideas to a distinguished panel of judges comprised of the state’s top entrepreneurs and investors. The selected participants include:
- Anirudh Aditya, Tempo – Mississippi State University
- Gema Casas, Triathlon Facility – Mississippi College
- Terry Cox, DeltaScpaes – Mississippi College
- Parker Gleason, Charge 4 Charge – Mississippi State University
- Dameia Graham, The Sickly Cure – Mississippi University for Women
- Rachel Graham, Studio 274 – Mississippi College
- Neil Hickman, Hickman Farms- Holmes Community College
- Darya Thompson, KLN (Keeping Life Natural) – Alcorn State University
- Kendall Walker, Kendall’s Tutoring – University of Mississippi
- Nathaniel Williams, Novelty House – Mississippi State University
NextUp’s judges will award 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards to the top teams. The top teams will be awarded cash prizes in the amounts of $2,500 for 1st place, $1,500 for 2nd place, and $1,000 for 3rd. Cash prizes are awarded to help teams with early-stage business development activities.
The Mississippi Entrepreneurship Forum will present the NextUp Student Pitch Competition on April 13th, 2021. The competition will take place on the first day of the Mississippi Entrepreneurship Forum.
For more information, contact Tasha Bibb.