Student Business Pitch Competition
- Is intellectual property addressed and are there plans to get the product to market with a sufficiently protected competitive advantage?
- Does the product/technology offer multiple applications and/or target markets?
- Do the features and benefits of the product/technology allow for compelling differentiation over the competition?
- What are the prospects for timely market entry (considering factors of technical validation, ability to be easily produced, testing, )?
- Has the company achieved documented market validation/feedback from the target market (letters of interest, purchase orders, sales)?
- Does the company understand the market and clearly identify and justify the target market?
- Has the company done a comprehensive competitive analysis?
- Does the company present a compelling strategic marketing plan for penetrating and capturing market share?
- What is the market opportunity relative to size, growth, and fit for this venture opportunity?
- Is there a clear path to revenue and profitability with supporting financial data, defendable assumptions and achievable forecasts?
- Does the business model offer opportunity for recurring revenue?
- Does the company mitigate risk by requiring fewer rounds of financing?
- Does the company have a reasonable liquidity strategy likely to yield reasonable returns?
- Does the entrepreneur demonstrate the characteristics necessary to carry out the venture opportunity?
- Do the members of the management team demonstrate the business experience, contacts, and respective competencies required? Or is there a clear understanding of the type of talent/expertise needed to round out the team?
- Does the company have a board of directors or advisory board offering constructive contributions?
- Does the company business plan demonstrate strong strategic relationships with partners, alliances and customers?